Servings: 3 Servings
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Diced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Ginger (Minced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1 Carrot (Peeled, grated)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Large Courgette (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder (Or more to taste)
- 500 ml Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tomato (Chopped)
- 80 ml Cream
- In a large pot, heat oil and sauté the onion. Add the minced ginger and garlic then continue for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the peeled and grated carrot and sauté for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped peppers and courgette. Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes, season with curry powder and mix well.
- Next, pour in the broth and bring to a boil. Cook covered for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft. In the meantime, add the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt.
- Once vegetables are cooked, take off from heat and blend using a hand blender. Add in the cream, season for taste, mix well and serve.
Immunity Boosting Fact Carrots: Carrots are very high in beta carotene. The absorption is better (up to 6.5-fold) if the carrots are cooked.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 646mg | Potassium: 670mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5524IU | Vitamin C: 84mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 2mg