Servings: 4 Servings
- 195 grams Brown Rice (Cooked)
- 4 Bell Peppers
- 450 grams Ground Turkey Breast
- ½ Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 ½ tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 300 ml Tomato Paste
- 35 grams Mozzarella (Grated)
- Cook rice according to instructions on the packaging. Cut bell peppers in half, remove seeds and set aside.
- In a large dry non-stick pan, cook the ground turkey with the onion and garlic for about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the rice, 1 cup tomato sauce mixed herbs, cinnamon, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Place the bell peppers in a baking dish (if they are leaning too much, trim the bottom slightly to create a flat surface).
- Stuff each bell pepper with the turkey and rice mixture. Top each pepper with 1 tbsp. tomato sauce and a sprinkle of cheese.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom baking dish, this will help steam the peppers. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove bake uncovered for about 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in the fridge for later.
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 713mg | Potassium: 1515mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 5084IU | Vitamin C: 172mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 5mg