Servings: 5 Servings
- 60 ml Soy Sauce (Gluten Free)
- 240 ml Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (Divided)
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 450 grams Chicken Breast (Thinly Sliced)
- 1 Large Courgette (Cut in thick half-moons)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion (To Garnish)
- In a large bowl add the soy sauce, chicken broth, corn starch, mirin, sugar, and sesame oil and whisk until everything is completely dissolved.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tsp. coconut oil and the chicken, about 2-3 minutes on each side, on medium-high heat. Then set aside on a plate.
- Using the same skillet, add in the remaining 1 tsp. of oil, garlic and ginger and sauté for 30-45 seconds until fragrant, but being careful not to burn it.
- Stir the garlic and ginger well and add in the earlier prepared sauce. Whisk well.
- Simmer the sauce for 1 minutes, then add in the courgette and continue cooking for 2 more minutes, until thickened and the courgette is tender-crisp.
- Remove from the heat, add in the chicken, and stir until well coated. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions if desired.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1006mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 129IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg