Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil plus 1/2 tbsp
- 240 ml Tomato Puree
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Small Onion (Sliced)
- 2-3 Handfuls Spinach
- 75 grams Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1-2 tsp Oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise, about 1/4-1/3 inches thick. Rub 1 tbsp. olive oil on each side of the eggplant slices and place it on a baking tray lined with baking paper — season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grab a pan, and heat the remaining ½ tbsp. olive oil. Add in the garlic and onion, and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, until soft — season with salt and pepper.
- Next, add in the tomato puree and spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the oven, and top each with the tomato sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and oregano. Place in the oven for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 276mg | Potassium: 1160mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 918IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 258mg | Iron: 3mg