Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 Chicken Breasts (Approx 300g)
- 2 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1.25 Litres Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1/2 Chilli Pepper (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Chopped)
- 165 grams Sweetcorn (Drained)
- 1 Tomato (Chopped)
- 120 ml Tomato Passata
- Coriander (To Serve)
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces. Season with salt, and coat in a mixture of flour, turmeric and chili powder. Set aside.
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil and then leave to simmer, covered, on the lowest heat.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chopped onion, chili pepper and garlic. Fry on medium heat for about 4 minutes until soft.
- Next, increase the heat, add chicken and fry for about 1-2 minutes. Add the sweetcorn, chopped tomato and passata, cook together for another minute.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to the hot stock and bring everything to a boil over high heat. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Using a hand blender blitz the soup a few times, but not too much so that he soup still has a chunky texture.
- Serve with chopped coriander and freshly ground black pepper.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 148mg | Potassium: 783mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 679IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 2mg