Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 Sprigs Rosemary (Picked and Chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Carrots (Peeled and Chopped)
- 250 grams Chestnut Mushrooms (Finely Sliced)
- 450 grams Lean Minced Beef (5% fat)
- 100 grams Dried Brown Lentils
- 800 grams Chopped Tomatoes (2 Tins)
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the chopped rosemary.
- Next add in the garlic, onion, carrots and mushrooms and for about 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring regularly.
- Add the beef and lentils. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes, breaking up the meat with a spoon.
- Add in in the chopped tomatoes, along with 1 tin worth of water. Bring to the boil, lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is thickened and reduced.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve straight away with spaghetti, other pasta or zoodles.
- You can also freeze the Bolognese for up to 3 months.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 954mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3553IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 5mg