Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 Small Carrot (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion (Sliced)
- 1/2 Leek (Chopped)
- 500 grams Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 1 Small Parsnip (Chopped)
- 1 Small Potato (Peeled and Cubed)
- 600 ml Vegetable Stock
- 100 ml Creme Fraiche
- In a large pot heat the oil, and sauté the chopped onion and sliced leek for about 3 minutes.
- Next, add washed and sliced mushrooms and fry for another 10 minutes stirring now and then.
- Add the carrot, parsnip and potato. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the hot vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes. until the vegetables are soft.
- Mix with a hand blender until smooth, add cream at the end and serve.
Immunity Boosting Fact Carrots: Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A in the form of beta carotene. They are also a good source of several B vitamins, as well as vitamin K and potassium.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 627mg | Potassium: 876mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3053IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg