Servings: 8 Cookies
- 1 Medium Carrot (Grated)
- 100 grams Instant Oats
- 100 grams Whole-Grain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil ((Melted))
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 75 ml Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 340F (170C). Mix the oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together, the egg melted and cooled oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Fold in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in the finely grated carrot and mix again.
- Spoon the mixture (1 heaped tbsp. per cookie) onto a baking tray lined with paper and shape into rounds, leaving space between each cookie as they will spread slightly while cooking.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes until slightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Immunity Boosting Fact Carrots: Carrots are about 10% carbs, consisting of starch, fibre, and simple sugars. They are extremely low in fat and protein.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 78mg | Potassium: 145mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1304IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg