Servings: 4 Servings
- 100 grams Spinach (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Medium Onion (Chopped)
- 3 cm Ginger (Grated)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1/2 Chilli Pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato (Peeled and Chopped)
- 1/2 tsp of Hot Pepper
- ½ tsp Sweet Pepper
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 400 grams Chickpeas
- 150 ml Vegetable Broth
- 250 ml Coconut Milk (Canned)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli pepper. Fry often stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, season with salt and fry for another 2 minutes, then add the spices and mix well.
- Next, add the chickpeas along with the brine, broth and coconut milk. Mix everything and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes without covering, stirring every now and again, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Finally, add the spinach, mix and take off the heat, and wait until it is wilted. Serve with rice.
Immunity Boosting Fact Spinach: Spinach boasts many plant compounds that can improve health, such as lutein, kaempferol, nitrates, quercetin, and zeaxanthin.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Sodium: 218mg | Potassium: 817mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 10540IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 6mg