Servings: 4 Servings
For the Stir Fry:
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 450 grams Chicken Breast (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (Minced)
- 3 Spring Green Onion (Chopped)
- 150 grams Snap or Mangetout Peas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- 450 grams Cooked Brown Rice
- 25 grams Carot (Grated)
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
For the Sauce:
- 1 Orange (Juice Only)
- 100 grams Low Sugar Marmalade
- 60 ml Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Siracha ((or as needed))
- 1 tbsp Buckwheat Flour
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add some water if necessary to thin it down slightly.
- Cook rice according to instructions on packaging or use leftover rice.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over high heat. Add in the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic and green onion cooking for 1 minute. Keep string to prevent burning.
- Now add the mangetout peas and bell pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add in cooked rice and mix well with the vegetables.
- Next add in the cooked chicken, grated carrot and earlier made sauce. Stir well until heated.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and more green onion to serve.
Immunity Boosting Fact Orange: Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C. One large orange provides over 100% of the RDI.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1018mg | Potassium: 795mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 2506IU | Vitamin C: 83mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 3mg