Servings: 4 Servings
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Onion (Chopped)
- 450 grams Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 60 grams Spinach (Chopped)
- 4 Red Medium Bell Peppers
- 50 grams Cheese (Dairy or Plant Based)
- Parsley (Chopped to Serve)
- Heat oven to 400F (200C).
- Beat the eggs, egg whites and milk, then set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened and browned.
- Add in the turkey, oregano and cumin, season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Then add the spinach, and mix until it wilts about 2 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add in the eggs. Pull the eggs across the skillet with a spatula. Repeat for about 3 minutes until eggs are cooked. Then set aside.
- Cut the peppers horizontally and remove the seeds, then stuff with the scrambled eggs and turkey.
- Place the peppers in a baking dish and sprinkle them with grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until cheese, has melted and the edges have browned.
- To serve sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Immunity Boosting Fact Red Bell Peppers: One medium-sized red bell pepper provides 169% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for vitamin C, making it one of the richest dietary sources of this essential nutrient.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 239mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 823mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5523IU | Vitamin C: 157mg | Calcium: 167mg | Iron: 3mg