Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 Large Aubergines
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp Parsley (Chopped, plus more to garnish)
- 200 grams Chickpeas (Drained)
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Salt, Pepper, Oil
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- 1/3 tsp Hot Paprika
- 1/3 tsp Sweet Paprika
- Heat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut the aubergines in half lengthwise, place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. Once baked remove the flesh with a spoon, leaving about ¼ inch (1/2 cm) of the edges of the aubergine. Chop the aubergine flesh and set aside.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, add the chopped onion and finely chopped garlic, fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the chopped flesh, and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes stirring often.
- Next add the spices, and fry for another 2-3 minutes, adding water as needed to avoid burning.
- Add the chopped parsley and take off the heat. Finally add the chickpeas, tahini and lime juice, mix, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the stuffing into the halved cooked aubergines and serve with fresh chopped parsley.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 777mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 308IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 3mg