Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic (Sliced)
- 5 cm Ginger (Peeled and Sliced)
- 1 Shallot (Sliced)
- 680 grams Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 200 grams Fresh Spinach
- 185 grams Jasmine Rice (Uncooked)
- 1.9 litres Chicken Stock
- 4 Limes (Juiced)
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce (Optional)
- Fresh Herbs For Topping (Mint, Basil, Coriander)
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the garlic, ginger, and shallots and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Next add in the chicken thighs. Season with 1 tsp. of salt and the turmeric. Add 4 tbsp water to the pot and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the chicken and repeat until cooked through. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add in the rice and cook for 1-2 minutes then add in the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender. While the rice is cooking, shred the chicken.
- When the rice is cooked, add the shredded chicken back to the pot. Then add the spinach, cooking another 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, add soy sauce/fish sauce, and fresh herbs. Season to taste with more salt and pepper if necessary.
Calories: 521kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 1343mg | Potassium: 608mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg