Servings: 6 Servings
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 4 Carrots (Chopped)
- 4 Cloves of Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Cans (400 grams) Black Beans (Drained)
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Pinch Cinnamon
- 1.8 Litres Vegetable Stock
- 2 Avocados (Cubed)
- Coriander (Chopped)
- Lime Wedges (To Serve)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, carrots and garlic. Season with salt and cook, often stirring, until onion is translucent and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot, stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce the medium and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf. Then using a hand blender, blitz the soup to your desired texture, either fully creamy or leave some pieces of the beans in the soup for texture.
- Taste the soup and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spoon soup into bowls, top with avocado, coriander and serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 7110IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 2mg