Servings: 10 Servings
- 200 grams Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 75 grams Golden Caster Sugar
- 50 grams Chocolate Chips (DarK, Milk or White)
- 2-3 Overripe Bananas (Mashed)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Pre-heat oven to 160*C Fan.
- Grease a 1lb loaf tin & line as above.
- Put dry ingredients into bowl – flour, baking powder, salt, sugar & choc chips – and mix together.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, oil & honey – and mix well.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients and stir gently together. Don’t overmix or loaf will be dense!
- Pour mixture into loaf tin.
- Bake in oven for 50-60 minutes. I set timer for 55 minutes & test it with a knife/skewer which comes out cleanly. 50-55 minutes is usually perfect!!
- Transfer tin to a cooling rack for about 20 minutes, then turn out.
You can get creative with the ingredients. I usually put in 50 grams of Walnuts as well. I have also added Blueberries in the past which is very nice. Let your imagination, and taste buds, experiment….!!
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg